Administer facets of the Accounting Department functions including timekeeping and assisting with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and employee benefits administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESTIMEKEEPING/PAYROLL
- Maintain strictest confidentiality concerning all aspects of the company at all times.
- Ensure all employee time is entered into the ADP Time & Attendance system. Follow-up with consultants in the field as necessary to ensure timely entry.
- Ensure all contractor and employee time is entered and approved in Client time system.Follow-up with consultants in the field as necessary to ensure timely entry.
- Proficiency with Excel
- Reconcile consultant time sheets to ADP Time & Attendance System.
- Reconcile ADP Time & Attendance system to accounting system.
- Enter Consultant time into the accounting system for preparation of billing.
- Provide orientation on time reporting to new hires
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Ensure that all expense reports submitted for payment have the appropriate approval signatures.
- Ensure that all billable expense reports are appropriately billed and entered into the accounting system.
- Review, code, and enter vendor invoices for services and hardware sales.
- Create custom invoices per client requirements.
- Maintain files required for payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- OTHER DUTIES
- Office support duties, including distributing mail, checking corporate voicemail and ordering office supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Must be professional in demeanor and appearance at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent plus 2 years of accounting experience OR Associate's degree with 5+ years of experience. Prior experience with the following software tools is required: Microsoft Office, QuickBooks (or similar), and advanced use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as advanced interpersonal skills required in order to effectively communicate with customers, employees and vendors.
Required to sit for long periods of time.