Application Administrator (Mid) - Secret
|Reference # :||18-01208||Title :||Application Administrator (Mid) - Secret|
|Location :||Falls Church, VA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||07/23/2018|
Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance.
The client has an opportunity for an Application Administrator (mid-level) working with a large line of business within the client that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The Application Administrator will perform system administrative duties in support of PFPA Security Integration and Technology Support (PSITS) operations including:
1. Participate in execution of the operations and management of a group of Windows Operating Systems: Servers (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and Workstations (Windows 7 and 10) on both PFPA's Life Safety Backbone (LSB) and Joint Service Provider hosted locations.
2. Perform Active Directory Services administration
3. Install, support, and administer application databases to include Microsoft SQL 2008R2, 2012, and 2014 as well as Oracle 10g and 11g.
4. Configure and support Microsoft IIS server
5. Work with application developers to deploy new custom-built applications
6. Work with application owners to deploy new COTS applications
7. Support new and existing applications in the production environment
8. Contribute to documenting and adhere to technical policies and procedures
9. Participate in maintenance activities and procedures
10. Coordinate, monitor and provide status updates for day-to-day operational concerns to customers and program stakeholders
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
A combination of experience and strong competence/familiarity in the following areas:
Experience supporting MS Server 2008R2 and 2012R2
Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft SQL 2008R2, 2012, and 2014 Databases
Experience supporting web applications with a MS IIS front-end
Experience patching Windows systems in a DoD environment
Experience deploying and supporting Oracle 10g and 11g databases
Experience porting MS Access applications to MS SQL with an IIS front-end
Experience with one or more of the following software packages: CCURE 9000, AMAG Symmetry, BVMS, Iceware, or Proximex Surveillint.
Experience deploying and supporting SCCM2012R2
Linux administration experience is a plus
Job Status: Contract/Temporary