Associate Engineer, Field / Secret
|Reference # :||18-01079||Title :||Associate Engineer, Field / Secret|
|Location :||Hampton, VA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/09/2018 / 01/11/2019|
Security+ and an active security clearance (SECRET minimum) is required.
Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
1. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
2. Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
3. Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
4. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
5. Provides end-user training.
6. Performs various tests and documents results.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for the fabrication, field installation, activation and testing of complex communication systems.
Additional tasks as directed by the ADCS supervisor.
Skills include cable fabrication and testing; equipment installation; cable routing and termination; enclosure, demarcation and overhead ironwork installation; system activation and in-house/end-to-end testing; red-lining of drawings and documentation; recording of installation and testing results; coordination with technicians, engineers and Air Force representatives.
Daily schedule is 0800-1630 while at the Hampton PMO.
Field work may require flexible work hours based on customer requirements.
Previous experience directly applicable to the tasks detailed above required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
0.5-2 years of related engineering experience.
Ability to travel at least 50% throughout CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii and Guam locations as required.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary