CAD Designer III
|Reference # :||19-00049||Title :||CAD Designer III|
|Location :||North Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||02/11/2019 / 07/07/2019|
|Mechanical Facility Designer - HVAC|
Possibility of Extension: Very High based on performance.
? Support Engineering Project Teams, in preparing CAD drawing and administering the CAD portion of projects per the Drawing Management Procedures & Standards. This will involve Facility, Utility, & Process related projects with the main emphasis on the HVAC mechanical discipline.
? Works in an independent manner under the guidance of a supervisor or technical lead. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Examples of supporting assignments include: Facility, equipment or process design and development, preparation of specifications.
? Complies with applicable policies and procedures, regulatory and safety requirements.
? Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department.
? Participates and/or assists engineers in the design of facilities for optimal performance.
? Support Project Engineering to execute the Mechanical - HVAC / Plumping & Piping disciplines on small to medium sized office & laboratory facility projects
? Creation of construction drawings to be included in bid packages / RFP's to contractors
? High School / GED is required. Technical school completion / certification preferred.
? At least 6 years prior technical experience using AutoCAD in Industrial Facility Mechanical ? HVAC design design
? Experience with AutoCAD 2016 & Microsoft Office
? Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
? Facility mechanical discipline experience in the following areas:
? Ability to manage a drawing through its lifecycle - Create, updated based on design reviews, and complete the as-built process, for mechanical discipline drawings for facilities including: Facility HVAC and Plumbing & Piping systems for animal care facilities, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouses, and office buildings.
? Mechanical system detailed design based on P&ID flow requirements. (Flow diagram from the discipline engineer to the detailed design by the designer)
? Ductwork & piping routing through existing facilities
? Ability to develop the Mechanical scope of work on projects
? Ability to perform preliminary estimates on projects when directed by Project Engineer
? Prior Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
? Project Manager / Engineer, Discipline Engineers, & Internal Client Team members
Notes from the intake call:
1) What hours and days will this person be working? M-F, 8 hours a day anytime between 7:00am ? 5:00pm, occasional OT to meet project schedules
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
a. Required Skill 1: AutoCAD 2D design software
b. Required Skill 2: Mechanical Design experience in industrial HVAC Systems
c. Required Skill 3: Team Player
d. Required Skill 4: Good communicator
e. Required Skill 5: Microsoft Office
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? 5 years + experience, Associates in CAD Design or BS in Mechanical engineering
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? See above.
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Part of a 10+ person CAD Design team, working individually on projects in their discipline
6) Is any testing required for this role? Yes, we will send you a handful of phone screen questions, and a Cad competency test to be administered at a Face to Face interview
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? On site only
Job Status: Contract/Temporary