Chip Verification Engineer
|Reference # :||18-00063||Title :||Chip Verification Engineer|
|Location :||Lisle, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/25/2018 / 06/30/2018|
The candidate must be onsite. No remote work possible
Top Required Skills:
Strong recent experience with FPGAs?
? Quickly look at and evaluate the tests we have in place, and with input from developers here modify/create tests keeping them simple to use. Working with developers to dial-in the best ways to approach verification.
? Familiarity with PC/Linux tools, QuestaSim, VCS, Quartus, Jenkins, scripting.
? Good understanding of UVM and OOP concepts.
?Familiarity with ClearCase source control.
? Understanding of how much testing is required for FPGAs
Working in Lisle, IL with a small team of FPGA chip developers. Defining, documenting, creating, and running block and chip level simulations. Sharing knowledge and ideas on how best to verify and cover the requirements we are designing to. Many tests exist but need more attention, enhancement, and organization. Overseeing automating regression testing on a Linux system. Helping debug the tests and even parts of the design. Taking over and simplifying some existing UVM based simulations.
Responsible for development, Implementation, and Testing, of complex high-end FPGA designs. A good deal of verification is already in place including
automated UVM based regression We are looking to better unify the environment while keeping it simple and usable for
Design engineers. This will require working closely with team members to devise the most appropriate testing strategies
for the situation.
Work will include:
· Helping to define and write verification test plans.
· Developing block, multiblock, and possibly chip level simulation test benches.
· Working closely with developers, helping to debug issues.
· Guiding developers on how to most effectively verify their design as it evolves.
· Working with Jenkins, a continuous integration automation server.
· Collecting and tracking test coverage information
Required Skills include:
· Familiarity with FPGA development tools: Quartus, Vivado
· Expert in writing Test Benches
· VHDL, Verilog languages
· Experience with System Verilog, UVM, and Object-Oriented Programming
· Scripting languages, Perl, Tcl, etc.
· Experience with Source Control (ClearCase)
· Linux, Windows, environments
· Simulation tools: Synopsys VCS, Mentor Questa, Aldec Rivera
· Excellent people skills
Skills that would also be useful:
· Matlab experience
· C, C++
*Candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in this discipline
Job Status: Contract/Temporary