Domain Architect IV
|Reference # :||18-02066||Title :||Domain Architect IV|
|Location :||Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/14/2019 / 06/29/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.|
• Responsible for one or more or the components of the infrastructure of the Revenue Management Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environments.
• Responsible for ensuring the RMDW/BI environment supports the business requirements for data content, availability and currency of supportable vendor software release levels.
• In conjunction with the Project Managers of Business Intelligence and ETL, partners with various Application Development portfolios to design and implement changes to the environment to achieve business goals.
• Contributes to the adoption of DW infrastructure standards and best practices.
• Performs environment administration, monitoring, tuning and support for one or more RMDW/ETL/BI capabilities (MSFT APS/PDW, SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Teradata, SAS, Spot fire) with a solid understanding of the infrastructure components.
• Leads source control and change management activities.
• Partners with Project Managers over the Business Intelligence and ETL capabilities to understand business requirements for various project efforts.
• Partners with logical modelers to ensure physical models and implementations are aligned with business requirements.
• Leads the activities of other team members assisting with environment support.
• Exhibits strong leadership skills with a proactive, participative management style while creating strong partnerships with IT Server Engineering and Change Management.
IT Strategy –
• Assist with the definition and market the content management and reference data architecture strategy & roadmap.
• Contribute toward creating, maintaining, and marketing the architectural vision and direction for a domain.
• Align domain architecture with enterprise architecture strategy and guidelines.
Architecture Planning –
• Leverage business models and requirements to design aligned information and technology solutions balancing cost, functionality and practicality.
• Collaborate with various business and IT stakeholders to define technical requirements and service levels, integration mechanisms, and solution architectures.
• Develop and document architecture patterns, stacks, models and/or technical specifications.
• Provide direction to internal and external resources during the selection and implementation of business systems.
• Provide business & technical expertise in defining standard work using available industry best practices in the area of specialization.
• Define standards for architecture documentation using modeling tools & methods - leveraging industry best practices
IT Delivery -
• Contribute to success of business systems by providing technical leadership and direction.
• Lead the estimation, analysis, design and implementation of business solutions - for large programs or a number of complex projects and programs.
• Fit architecture to purpose.
• Lead teams in solving complex technical problems.
• Strong SQL and data warehouse organization (3NF / Dimensional) skills required
• Strong programming skills required
• Infrastructure knowledge of one or more of the following: MSFT APS/PDW, Teradata, DW administration (Automate, source control) or BI tools ( SAS, Spotfire) required
• Working knowledge of MSFT APS/PDW preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work as an individual contributor, team player and leader required
• Ability to address production issues after core hours required
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS: (**** MUST HAVES ****)
• Ability to setup and support PDW/APS Servers
• Ability to upgrade to the latest version of the platform, apply hotfixes, windows updates & security patches
• Ability to setup BAR Server (Backup & Recovery), Landing zone for PDW/APS, schedule backups, schedule & monitor maintenance plans, 24*7 hardware support
• Ability to capacity planning, Database-sizing, Disaster recovery testing/implementation, PDW/APS scale up scoping , troubleshooting PDW/APS, BAR, Landing zone server issues & root cause analysis
• Expected to actively partner with Microsoft on product bug fixes and provide insights for future product enhancements with the MS product team and administer the servers with minimum downtime
• Ability to provide training to team members on PDW/APS MPP architecture, best practices to load/process/query and how to avoid costly data moment operations like shuffle & broadcast move
• Ability to manage workload balancing in PDW (10 load slots & 32 query slots)
• Ability to setup PDW databases (user databases & staging), database sizing/resizing, Server level security & database level security
• Ability to build standard operational procedures for PDW usage, Data refresh to lower environments and backup all the user security and server configuration & database encryption
• Ability to capture snapshots of System Virtual machines & server configuration
• Ability to setup WSUS (windows server update services) upstream server just for PDW Servers
• Ability to manage the Windows patches, security hot fix, and critical updates installations on PDW/APS Servers
• Ability to maintain & manage systems VMs, Domain controllers (control, management, VMM, AD) and system storage (JBOD'S) and cluster manager
• Ability to find worst performing queries/loads, analyze the query plans, system logs at server/node level & find the root cause and tune the queries
• Ability to setup system logging & traces to capture memory leaks or malfunctioning PDW agent or DMS services or any other services hindering PDW/APS Performance
• Ability to create and maintain cubes and have insight on dimensional modeling
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Info Systems, or equivalent required
• 10+ years of IT industry experience in application analysis, design, development, and implementation required
• 5 years in senior development or architect role preferred
**** Please ensure candidates meet the MUST HAVE qualifications/skills
**** Manager open to candidate in the Houston area as well ****
Skill Level:Senior Level (greater than 8 yrs exp.)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary