|Reference # :||18-01743||Title :||Histotechnologist|
|Location :||North Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/05/2018 / 05/10/2019|
|Job Title: Histotechnologist|
Primary duties will include tissue processing, embedding, paraffin sectioning and H&E staining. This is a research laboratory so there basic laboratory duties including making buffers, changing solutions and there will be excel and database work as well.
BS in Biology or related field
Demonstration of medium volume high quality sectioning skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
1-2 years experience as a Histotechnologist
HT certification - desirable but not necessary
Some IHC staining would be desirable but not necessary.
NOTES FROM INTAKE CALL
1) What hours and days will this person be working? Mon-Fri Regular Hours 8-5pm
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
1: Team Player
2: Communication Skills/Presentation Skills
3: Ability to work under minimal supervision
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification are required? 1-2 years of experience
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? HT Certification, IHC Staining
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Group setting but also an independent contributor
6) Is any testing required for this role? No
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? Onsite
8) Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role: Manager willing to consider non-local candidates, however, candidates must be available to come to interview face to face upon request at their own cost and within short amount of time.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary