IT Architect Jr. Level
|Reference # :||18-01891||Title :||IT Architect Jr. Level|
|Location :||Herndon, VA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/01/2018 / 02/14/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident with three or more years of U.S. residency. An active IRS MBI is preferred; however, any selected candidate without an MBI will need to obtain one prior to working under this position.|
Statement of Work:
As a Client IT Architect (Jr) for the General Services Administration (GSA) Architecture and Operations contract Support (AOCS), you will be a part of a motivated team of experienced architects, project/program managers, lead developers and functional team members responsible for the planning, design, and implementation and maintenance of a new modernization initiative at GSA. The team is helping GSA to build modernized and integrated acquisition solutions.
You will be the liaison between the business and technical teams on the Government end and will be helping the architecture team with understanding of business and technical requirements. This position also has technical writing responsibilities and will need to help properly document the architecture requirements and associated artifacts. Also help aligning systems modernization with GSA's enterprise future vision. Business Architect is customer facing role requiring experience working in government environments.
Job Duty 1 with 40% of time- Work with customer and IBM teams to define and document architecture requirements, act as liaison between business and technical teams. Provide functional business support in procurement domain.
Job Duty 2 with 20% of time- Analyze customer requirements, Identify functions required to fulfill solution requirements
Job Duty 3 with 40% of time- Help documenting architectural artifacts, prepare and submit the deliverable packages to the government.
Required skills/Level of Experience :
1.1 or more years of professional IT experience in supporting development of developing large scale enterprise applications.
2.Experience with government contracting policies and programs. In depth knowledge and awareness of GSA Integrated Award Environment program and management team
3. 2+ years (or 2 programs) of providing functional support for modernizing complex systems (Preferably from the scratch) in federal government space, preferably procurement/acquisition space.
4. Excellent technical writing skills and experience utilizing MS Office (Word and Excel) & Visio to quickly document business/technical solutions.
5. Deep experience in two or more of the following areas:
7. Excellent Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
8. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
Nice to have skills:
These are nice to have skills. It does not preclude a candidate who does not possess all or some of these skills from the selection process but this could be used as a differentiator between candidates.
1. Experience utilizing design thinking, SOA/BPM technologies, and functional flow diagrams.
2. Experience with "Big Data,? large scale data storage, processing, and analytics.
3. Experience working on GSA projects.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary