Network Engineer - Integration
|Reference # :||18-00688||Title :||Network Engineer - Integration|
|Location :||Scott AFB, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/09/2018 / 01/18/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance.|
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Client, has an opening for a Network Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Client is seeking a network engineer that will support the Operational Engineer (OE) Transport Manager. The candidate will utilize extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards. The candidate will analyze network links across Optical transport networks and have an understanding of various transport mediums including Optical, TDM, ATM, fiber, and cryptographic systems. The candidate will use project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills to fulfill the day to day functions of the role, to include troubleshooting, provisioning and configuring transport devices.
This position is supporting the DISA customer as part of the GSM-O program. The candidate should be a self-starter.
-Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4+ years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience provisioning and configuring Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies.
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Proven experience with network troubleshooting methods.
- Familiar with Meta Solve Solutions (Client) CM tool.
- Candidate will be required to work rotating weekends and on-call as needed.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
- Familiarity with Promina, ATM, satellite, and/or Xtera submarine line termination equipment.
- Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
Shift: Days with rotating weekends and on-call as needed
Job Status: Contract/Temporary