Network Engineer - NIPR VRF
|Reference # :||18-00693||Title :||Network Engineer - NIPR VRF|
|Location :||Scott AFB, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/09/2018 / 01/18/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Top Secret Clearance|
The client has an opening for a Network Engineer at DISA / Scott AFB.
Candidate is responsible for overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network. Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
-Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network infrastructure DS0 through OC layers traversing fiber, microwave, satellite and copper transport, Promina, DATM, MSPP, Ciena OTN, DWDM, ODXC, IP SERVICES, DSN, DRSN.
-Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team.
- Serves as a central point of contact for clients to determine the status of implementation activities.
-Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
-May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.). Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to provide network services, relate to existing technology, practices, priorities, system capabilities, operating practices and procedures, service contracts, and costs and funding.
-Typically requires BS degree and 4 ? 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
-Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security + CE.
-Currently possess active TS clearance
- Experience or working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in one or more of the following areas: Promina, DATM, MSPP, Ciena OTN, DWDM, ODXC, IP SERVICES, DSN, DRSN, MetaSolv Solution (Client) CMDB
-CCNA or equivalent
- Project Management experience
Job Status: Contract/Temporary