Network Technician - D
|Reference # :||18-00476||Title :||Network Technician - D|
|Location :||Abbott Park, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||04/09/2018 / 12/31/2018|
|10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING:|
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide technical Level II problem isolation and resolution for a Global Network. Configures and performs advanced diagnostics on infrastructure components. Understands and repairs LAN infrastructure including cable and fiber. Understands and can configure and install LAN switch technology for bridging or routing. Can perform hardware fault isolation and repair. Repairs switching and VLANs problems.
COMPETENCIES: Understand LAN repeating and re-timing technology. Understands WAN modem technology. Understand the software, hardware, and operational characteristics of the standard bridge and router. Understand most routing protocols for the LAN and WAN. Has a basic understanding of NT Server configuration and TCP/IP infrastructures. Can correctly configure servers and clients for all services. Can configure routers and switches. Can isolate and repair most IP services problems. Understands and uses the appropriate tools in all instances during problem isolation and repair. Possesses an in depth understanding of communications technologies and can isolate and resolve most infrastructure issues.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree Minimum, prefer Computer Science or technology area or telecommunications science business minor. Three (3) to six (6) months of specialized technical courses in communications technology's typically provided by vendors, technical societies, or equivalent experience.
Exp with LAN/WAN, Troubleshooting, Cisco, Routers and Switches. Ideally will have exp with Firewalls, F4, Checkpoint or Palo Alto, Remote Proxies, z Scaler exp is a plus.
The skills required for this job are:
Candidates must have a min of 10 years of exp to be considered.
- Cisco ASA remote access troubleshooting experience
- Cisco ASA reverse proxy troubleshooting experience
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN client experience and policy troubleshooting
- Checkpoint Firewall configuration and policy troubleshooting experience
- Bluecoat Forward/Reverse Proxy troubleshooting experience - - IDS/IPS troubleshooting experience
- Event logging analysis experience
- Citrix Netscaler application gateway and reverse proxy configuration and troubleshooting experience
- F5 load balancer configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with doing Packet Captures/ Data Packet Analysis
? Cisco Advance Routing and troubleshooting experience
- Cisco CCNA +
Job Status: Contract/Temporary