|Reference # :||18-02045||Title :||Pharmacist III|
|Location :||North Chicago, IL|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||01/02/2019 / 03/29/2019|
|Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed. Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients. Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals. Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage or pharmaceuticals. Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs. Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory. Assays medications to determine identity, purity, and strength. Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy. 2-3 years of experience.|
Notes From Intake Call:
1) What hours and days will this person be working?
a) Monday-Friday (varying 8 hour shift btw hours or 7am to 7pm)
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
a. Required Skill 1: quick learner; ability to absorb information quickly
b. Required Skill 2: flexible; willing to switch between tasks as needed
c. Required Skill 3: good communication skills; collaboration on status of tasks and asking questions is required
d. Required Skill 4: technically inclined; this is a computerized environment requiring comfort level with technology
e. Required Skill 5: great attention to detail; accuracy in verifying large volume of prescription elements is necessary
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
a) 2-3 years of experience working in a pharmacy; high volume pharmacy preferred
b) Licensed as a registered pharmacist in Illinois
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
a) Experience working at a fast paced high volume pharmacy
b) Mail order pharmacy experience
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)?
a) Group setting but individual contributions
6) Is any testing required for this role? No
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? No
8) Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role
a) There may be periods of time that require standing up to 5 hours at a time
b) We process a high volume of prescriptions daily