Program Manager II
|Reference # :||18-01188||Title :||Program Manager II|
|Location :||Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||08/27/2018 / 01/22/2019|
|Description:Responsible for the coordination and completion of 2-3 strategic and critical projects/programs simultaneously, within the IT Security, Risk and Compliance team.|
- Oversees all aspects of projects: planning, budget and resources.
- Sets deadlines and milestones, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Manages the projects following the enterprise PMLC, a Waterfall framework.
- Delivers high quality artifacts and outcomes through all phases of the PMLC including Envision, Design, Build, and Activate (EDBA) as needed to realize measurable business results.
- Coaches, guides and trains project team members and other PMs on EDBA, PMLC and related artifacts and deliverables.
- Has discretion in making tactical decisions; provides input on strategic decisions to management as required.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Provides direction, prioritization and structure to enable efficient implementation of assigned projects and initiatives.
The Senior PM is expected to work independently and be able to drive successful project execution and delivery with minimal supervision.
The Senior PM will deliver impactful projects/programs as assigned, and serve as change agent driving adoption of PMLC (Project Management Life Cycle) across the organization.
The Senior PM will be working primarily on a project related to vulnerability scanning (Qualys).
- Undergraduate degree in business or technology
- Active PMP certification
- 8+ years work experience
- 8+ years managing projects in large organizations
- 3+ yrs experience managing Information Security or Compliance projects
- Experience managing multiple large, complex projects across multiple functions
- Experience working directly with Senior Leadership
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills. Able to communicate with and influence others at all levels of the organization to enact and embrace process changes that are not popular
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross functional groups or activities
- Exposure with change management/facilitation, enterprise communication and training
- Highly organized, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Microsoft Suite -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project proficiency
- Masters degree
- Lean Six Sigma certification and demonstrated successful execution using DMAIC or DFSS methodology
- Information Security certifications/training
- Experience managing projects related to vulnerability scanning.
Skill Level:Senior Level (greater than 8 yrs exp.)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary