Program Manager III
|Reference # :||18-01779||Title :||Program Manager III|
|Location :||Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/05/2018 / 05/04/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident|
Senior PM will be responsible for the coordination and completion of 2-3 strategic and critical projects/programs simultaneously, within the IT Security, Risk and Compliance team.
• Oversees all aspects of projects: planning, budget and resources.
• Sets deadlines and milestones, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
• Manages the projects following the enterprise PMLC, a Waterfall framework.
• Delivers high quality artifacts and outcomes through all phases of the PMLC including Envision, Design, Build, and Activate (EDBA) as needed to realize measurable business results.
• Coaches, guides and trains project team members and other PMs on EDBA, PMLC and related artifacts and deliverables.
• Has discretion in making tactical decisions; provides input on strategic decisions to management as required.
• Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
• Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Provides direction, prioritization and structure to enable efficient implementation of assigned projects and initiatives.
• Expected to work independently and be able to drive successful project execution and delivery with minimal supervision.
• Will deliver impactful projects/programs as assigned, and serve as change agent driving adoption of PMLC (Project Management Life Cycle) across the organization.
• Undergraduate degree in business or technology.
• Active PMP certification.
• 8+ years work experience.
• 8+ years managing projects in large organizations.
• 3+ years' experience managing Information Security or Compliance projects.
• Experience managing multiple large, complex projects across multiple functions.
• Experience working directly with Senior Leadership.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills.
• Able to communicate with and influence others at all levels of the organization to enact and embrace process changes that are not popular.
• Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross functional groups or activities.
• Exposure with change management/facilitation, enterprise communication and training.
• Highly organized, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project proficiency.
• Master's degree.
• Lean Six Sigma certification and demonstrated successful execution using DMAIC or DFSS methodology.
• Information Security certifications/training.
• Experience with and good understanding of vulnerability scanning, compliance (GDPR), logging and monitoring or application security are a huge plus.
***ADDITIONAL NOTES FROM HIRING MANAGER***
• Candidate resumes must meet ALL requirements listed in the job description.
• Manager will review Senior Project Managers/Program Managers. While this person isn't a true Overall PM, someone with program management experience would do well as this resource will likely manage multiple projects that they would join in the Design phase.
• Candidates don't require specific technologies, although a plus, but must have Information Security/Compliance project experience so they can be operational at the start of their assignment.
• Action, delivery, and taking direction well are also essential to success in this role.
• Open to local candidates only.
• May need to travel to OPC in Elk Grove for meetings occasionally.
• Phone screens will be followed by F2F interviews with the manager, and depending how they go, another with the project owner.
Skill Level:Senior Level (greater than 8 yrs exp.)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary