|Reference # :||18-01902||Title :||Project Coordinator|
|Location :||North Chicago, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/19/2018 / 06/21/2019|
- Coordination of activities to ensure completion of multiple projects on time and within resource budget
- Prioritize activities to ensure team goals are met
- Lead simple process improvement activities and maintain project trackers and SharePoint sites for the function
- Identify issues that potentially impact timelines for projects and identify potential interventions or solutions to manage the issues
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimation techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies
- Communicates project status by preparing standard project status update reports and by participating in department and customer project update meetings
- Resolve project issues working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and mentoring junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques
- Microsoft Access and extensive Excel experience
Bachelor's degree, typically in business;
2+ years Pharma-related experience;
Process improvement experience desirable; good communication skills; general understanding of business unit/group function; works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations and data requires review of identifiable factors; exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions; has broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
NOTES FROM INTAKE CALL
1) What hours and days will this person be working? Mon-Fri 8-5pm
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
1: Able to develop new process
2: Great organization skills
3: Able to take initiative/lead
4: Project Management experience
5: Microsoft Access and extensive Excel experience
3) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? MBA degree is beneficial and preferred and/or PMP Certification.
4) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? Combination of both
5) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? Onsite
6) Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role: Manager is looking for someone more experienced on the business side.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary