The Collins Consulting Proposal Manager is responsible for the management and identification of opportunities, the generation of proposals, and the support of all proposal related activities. The successful candidate will interface with all levels of company, customer, and government personnel to ensure successful outcomes of submitted proposals. This position requires a self-motivated candidate capable of working in an independent environment with minimal direction and requires experience and knowledge in all facets of opportunity identification, proposal creation, and management of proposal artifacts. The proposal manager will interact with marketing and sales personnel to provide proposal generation, expertise, guidance, and advice to management and staff within the company. This is a permanent full time position.
- Responsible to analyze Requests for Proposal (RFP) requirements to identify requirements matching company capabilities.
- Craft and submit questions seeking clarification of proposal requests.
- Manage identified available RFP requirements to prioritize efforts toward proposals most likely to succeed.
- Analyze RFP requirements: identify required responses, gaps, and inconsistencies and craft questions seeking clarification.
- Create, deliver, and manage proposal project plans as needed where other company resources are required for proposal generation and delivery.
- Create management or technical proposal sections, RFP/RFI responses, or other proposal narratives in response to government solicitations. Organize material and proposal responses to meet all specific RFP specifications.
- Coordinate, write, and or edit all components/information and material required for proposal efforts. Tasks encompass writing, graphic design, developing compliance matrices, managing time-lines, ensuring format/applicable laws, federal regulations are followed while adhering to standards for quality.
- Able to creatively present complex solutions clearly in written proposals for government agencies.
- Develop proposals that present solution concepts and benefits to drive key messages in support of the proposal win strategy.
- Able to describe clear, measurable benefits to highlight how our performance on similar contracts will produce results for our customer
- Edit material for structure, accuracy, organizational consistency, and appropriateness of content.
- Recommend changes in scope, format, content, restructuring, and rewriting as required for proposals created by others.
- Maintain document repositories of completed proposals and track outcome.
- Interfacing with other personnel as needed, author past performance documentation.
- Maintain past proposal indexes to easily identify available references.
- Compose and maintain composition templates.
- Compose and maintain boilerplate proposal segments.
- Develop past performance proposal strategy, solutions, and themes in support of winning strategies.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum four years experience writing and editing technical, management, or proposal documents.
- Minimum two years government proposal experience.
- Strong communications skills, fluent in both oral and written English.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Office products Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Ability to understand and create moderately complex formulas in Excel.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Knowledge of government contracting processes.
- Specific Government Agency knowledge.
- Security clearance.
- Experience with government classified materials and processes.
- Experience as a Facility Security Officer (FSO).