Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret. Duties/Role/Tasking ? Research & Analysis (Risk Analysis)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience ? Operations Research & Analysis (Risk Analysis) Education:University degree in a related discipline. Experience:6 years of experience in risk analysis and managementExperience with application of risk analysis to acquisition problemsExperience with performing analyses of alternativesExperience with cost analysis as it applies to risk managementAwareness of requirements development and managementExperience with writing white papers, point papers, and briefings for senior leadersExcellent communications skills both orally and in writingProject planning and management experience or skills Qualifications:Demonstrated proficiency in English as defined in STANAG 6001 (3333) or demonstrated native English speaker backgroundDemonstrated minimum NATO or National SECRET clearance with the appropriate national authority for the duration of the contractDemonstrated working level knowledge with MS Office tools (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint)Demonstrated availability to travel to any NATO entity within the 29 Nations (valid passport with no travel restrictions to NATO nations) Desirable:Experience working at a joint command, program executive office, or major program officeKnowledge about project management in complex systems or projects in a military Communication and Information Systems environmentExperience in effective orally and in writing communication, including briefing and in coordination with international stakeholders
- Contribute to Research and Analysis in support of Capability Development within ACT in order to support the development of NATO requirements across doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership, personnel, facilities and interoperability (DOTMLPFI) by using appropriate relevant Research and Analysis methods, to include war gaming, modelling and simulation, problem structuring, decision analysis, mathematical, statistical, social-sciences and other scientific methods, appropriate for high level decision making. Coordinate and cooperate with entities in the NATO Command (Company), NATO Agencies, International Staff (IS) and International Military Staff (IMS) at NATO HQ, Centres of Excellence, NATO Science and Technology Organization (STO) and national Defence Science and Technology and Acquisition entities seeking direct support for the development of NATO capabilities.
- Determine and apply appropriate Analysis in order to assess alternative options against their impacts on operational effectiveness, affordability and life-cycle cost, suitability and associated benefits, risks, or potential challenges. Assess each option considering the whole DOTMLPFI spectrum.
- Conduct research to study and establish operational effectiveness, organize and undertake cost-effectiveness and risk-benefit studies and analysis, and where appropriate, interact with appropriate NATO and national research entities and industries, in order to establish the impact of alternatives on operational effectiveness. Analyse the potential impact of identified risks and propose possible risk-mitigation and risk-avoidance approaches. Provide rationale and justification for decision makers using the "Adopt, Buy, Create? approach aiming to maximize re-use of existing solutions first, to use proven off-the-shelf solutions and only developing NATO- unique solutions where no affordable alternative exists.
- In the establishment of above duties, work with customers to determine the analysis requirements, scope study problems, develop outline project plans and support the planning and execution of projects. Act as Point of Contact for collaborative projects both internally and externally to ACT and act as the interlocutor for the establishment of Modelling and Simulation arrangements with national and industrial entities.
- Lead and contribute to the development of branch and division Standing Operating Procedures and HQ directives. Identify and determine new and effective analytical methods in order to ensure the branch delivers timely, cost efficient and robust analyses within the capability development lifecycle.
- Ensure Federated and Enterprise working to facilitate cross-functional, collaborative and supported interdependent teams/individuals in other divisions and other directorates across ACT as appropriate.