|Reference # :||17-00268||Title :||Security Specialist|
|Location :||Lanham, MD|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/15/2017 / 04/26/2017|
Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident who currently possesses an Active MBI
Task Description: The key objective of RRP is to provide a unified system that is integrated into the IRS's modernized Infrastructure for the detection of fraudulent returns and refund fraud schemes to ensure timely issuance of refunds and credits that are legally due to filers, while preventing issuance of refunds and credits that are not legally due to filers. This integrated system shall provide the platform to implement the IRS' new business model to meet changing fraud and anomaly detection needs, expand data available and its use and to streamline business processes. The ability to implement changes in time to counter evolving fraud schemes is highly valued.
Duties: The Security Specialist is responsible for providing information assurance/information systems security support to organizational activities. The specialist analyzes system security on a variety of information systems, network devices (firewalls, routers, and switches), web server and database applications. The specialist supports the preparation of key documentation and planning and conducting security tests.
Job Duty 1 with % of time –Conduct security assessment and testing (50%)
Job Duty 2 with % of time – Investigate risks (40%)
Job Duty 3 with % of time – Report Progress, Schedule, Risks (10%)
Job Duty 4 with % of time -- Develop and revise security plans, procedures and instructions
1. Active IRS MBI
2. Experience managing large, complex programs delivering COTS based software solutions.
3. Strong written and oral skills
4. At least 5 years general information assurance or information systems engineering experience.
5. Understanding of security practices and procedures.
6. Significant experience planning and executing according to plan, a software development engagement, using a structured and industry standard methodology and the IRS ELC.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
1. Prior IRS experience
2. Knowledge of IRS business systems and data
Job Status: Contract/Temporary