|Must be a US Citizen who is able to acquire a MBI.|
The FEMA Risk MAP Customer & Data Services team is seeking a Senior GIS Developer who is interested growing their knowledge and skills on a fast-paced, challenging project. We are seeking someone with a strong drive to learn more and build an expanding knowledge base to work independently and grow this role.
Senior GIS Developer designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements GIS applications. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications. Implements change requests and resolves defects as defined in release plans. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Assists in performing feasibility analysis on potential future projects for management. Resolves problems with ESRI Arc GIS tools/ software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Experience using Python, including Esri ArcPy or GDAL libraries
- Experience working with large geospatial data sets
- Experience working with spatial datasets like GeoJSON, SQL Server Spatial, Oracle Spatial, IBM DB2, Esri ArcSDE, file geodatabases, shapefiles, or KML preferred
- Experience using Safe Software Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) Desktop
- Experience working with enterprise RDBMS databases using SQL development environments like Toad, Aqua studio, Oracle SQL Developer, or other IDEs preferred
- Use strong expertise in various GIS software (primarily ESRI ArcGIS), as well as various geographic data formats and standard data conversion and transformation methods, for geographic analysis.
- Develops and maintains links between various databases and simple applications and scripts, and uses existing scripts in Python, ArcPy, XML Parsing, SQL, and ETL toolsets like FME from Safe Software.
- Builds data geoprocessing procedures using either Python, FME, and SQL
- Writes code that automates the connection to a data source(s), executes geospatial functions, and exports results to another data source
- Comfortable executing full range of spatial join, union, merge, and other overlay functions Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise and perform analysis to ensure accuracy of corporate information and data systems and their associated inter-connectivity.
- Gain understanding of various area processes and leverages knowledge/understanding gained to support developing improvements/recommendations arising out of Data management and other initiative analysis.
- Can rapidly troubleshoot GIS Systems problems with data processing, delivery, service generation, and other data lifecycle issues in GIS Systems.
- Develop sufficient knowledge to correlate data across multiple data platforms and related but disparate data sets.
- Support the efforts of other team members cross system queries, reports and analysis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
- Familiar with most standard Software Development Lifecycles
- Proficient in both Client/Server and Web based programming.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Keen diagnostic and problem solving skills
Provide primary job duties:
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high-impact assignments. Functions as a technical subject matter expert across multiple project assignments
- Develops Geographic Databases through use of GIS and advanced technologies for specialized purposes such as addressing, utility mapping, decision support, converting paper products to seamless digital raster graphics and vectorizing features while maintaining FGDC or ISO-19115 compliant metadata
- Lead GIS Development of the assigned component area ? 60%
- Use diagnostic skills as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve production issues ? 20%
- Participate in customer interfaces ? 10%
- Conduct impact analysis activities ? 5%
- Report/track defects using the help desk defect reporting system ? 5%
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support
- Implement CRs and DRs as defined in release plans
- Respond to Tier 3 requests
- Provide general GIS support to Risk MAP CDS Project
- Edit and maintain regulatory datasets
- Understand the business needs, technical significance and usage project applications and datasets
- Communicate effectively with FEMA and its stakeholders
- Participate in key monthly Risk MAP meetings