Senior Network Performance Analyst
|Reference # :||18-01132||Title :||Senior Network Performance Analyst|
|Location :||Scott AFB, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/20/2018 / 03/13/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance and a IAT Level II 8570 cert.|
The client is looking for someone who has a strong technical knowledge of the DISN or JRSS. The client is also looking for people who have a mind for data and metrics
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of the client, has an opening for a Senior Network Performance Analyst. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the Performance Management (PM) team.
The Senior Network Performance Analyst provides technical support and direction for a team of Network Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN.
· Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report availability and reliability performance data and statistics on circuits and/or network elements that fails to meet defined service levels
· Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring issues
· Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
· Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations.
· Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include route cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s) on trending basis.
· Develops preventative measures, alarms, and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends and identified root causes and signatures
· Develop processing techniques to integrate large data sets and develop corresponding reports
· Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
· Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Requires BS degree and 8 ? 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 ? 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
-Advanced knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
-In depth technical understanding of network services and architecture
-Experience provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies.
-Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
-Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
-Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
-Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
-Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
-Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
-Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
-Experience with Business Intelligence tools
-Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
-Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc)
-Ability to innovate
-Understanding of Network Operations
-IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
-MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
-IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary