Service Desk Technician-Secret
|Reference # :||18-01689||Title :||Service Desk Technician-Secret|
|Location :||Falls Church, VA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/08/2018 / 03/29/2019|
Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance.
Must Meet DoD minimum IAT I (e.g. A+ CE, CCNA with Security, Network + CE)
The client has an opportunity for a Help Desk Technician in the Information Technology field working with a large line of business within the client that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. Our customers include all branches of the DoD, as well as other branches of the Federal Government. This position provides an opportunity to be on the front line of service delivery to the Pentagon Force Protection Agency; serving in the hub of intake, coordination and support of end user requirements. The position is ideally suited for a motivated individual with interest to learn and grow in a dynamic operational environment.
The Help Desk Technician will perform the following tasks:
1. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
2. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
3. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
4. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
5. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
6. Provides troubleshooting and support.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Logs and maintains user requests and incidents using Remedy tracking tool.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Support rotational bi-weekly on call Help Desk support requirement.
12. Support System Administration and other support activities as required.
13. Support management of queues and incident and service delivery reporting.
14. Support distribution of service outage notification generation and distribution to stakeholders.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
*2nd Shift (12-9PM)*
Job Status: Contract/Temporary