Sr Engineer, Network
|Reference # :||18-01787||Title :||Sr Engineer, Network|
|Location :||Norfolk, VA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/22/2018 / 04/22/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance with active SSBI.|
Provides senior level engineering support to operate; maintain; and develop upgrades for a major Navy business enterprise network operations center.
1. Analyzes data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Candidates should have:
Expert knowledge of Cisco series switches
Knowledge and experience with DOD IA compliance policies and procedures
Demonstrated proficiency in BGP, EIGRP, STP, VTP, ACLs and Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing
Knowledge in NetScreen; sRX and Cisco ASA; and Juniper firewall configuration.
Candidate must be able to support 24x7x365 on call requirement.
Comp TIA Security + or higher level certification required.
Candidate must have secret level clearance with active SSBI.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary