Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance. Job Description:
The client has an opportunity for an experienced Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Senior Systems Administrator working with a large line of business within the client that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The experienced LMR System Administrator will perform system administrative duties in support of PFPA's mission critical land mobile radio communications systems:
The client currently provides preventive and corrective maintenance, engineering, and logistics services to the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) in support of their mission critical land mobile radio communications systems. JOB DUTIES:
- The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the following activities in support of PFPA's LMR:
- Providing preventative and corrective maintenance, engineering and logistics services
- Programming, basic troubleshooting, and repairing VHF, UHF, 7/800MHz radio systems, repeaters, base stations, land mobile radios, dispatch consoles, links, antenna systems, and transmission sites.
- Providing emergency response and special event communications support as needed
- Providing systems administration of Harris P25 trunking system with Key Management Facility with Client (APX, XTS, and XTL) subscriber units.
- Supporting contractual data call and reporting
- Support Radio inventory accounting and reporting
- Participate in remote and on call rotation for LMR support
- Provide LMR Team Leadership and oversight
- Provide reporting for program deliverables
- Initiate review and analysis of LMR technology; facilitate meetings and coordinate upgrades and support with LMR service providers
- Support Inventory and Asset Management requirements for LMR equipment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
CONTRACT EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with P25 wide area trunking system administration and maintenance.
- Familiar with P25 subscriber programming and codeplug development (trunking and conventional) for Client, Harris, and EF Johnson land mobile radios.
- Knowledge of AES encryption management including KMF, OTAR, and KVL.
- Proficient with operation of Communications Systems Analyzers for troubleshooting and preventative maintenance inspection of land mobile radios.
- Experience with database systems for tracking and logging LMR assets and repairs.
- Effectively communicates with fellow team members.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in P25 communications systems.
- Basic knowledge and use of MSOffice and Adobe applications.
- Work location-National Capital Region
- Must be able to lift up to 50Lbs