|Reference # :||18-00714||Title :||Sr. Scientist|
|Location :||Abbott Park, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/04/2018 / 12/31/2018|
|Working w/ Medical Technology and Software background. Must be very familiar with all Cell Dyn systems to set up the systems, collect data and analyze the collected data. Must also be familiar with blood cell morphology to be able to collect reference data. Must be able to conduct experiments with minimum supervision to develop CDX Cal/Con. Must be able to analyze RBC Morphology data using the 3D surface analysis software program (software knowledge in addition to medical technology and Cell Dyn systems knowledge required). Must have a good understanding in clinical applications of Cell Dyn methods.|
- Seeking an expert in the field of protein bioconjugation (e.g. antibody drug conjugation), protein purification, and protein characterization to support immunodiagnostic assay development and transfer to manufacturing. Conduct advanced research related to bioconjugation. Lead projects and provide technical review, accurately communicate scientific observations, and recommend options for future experiments.
? Main Responsibilities
- Designs and executes experiments leading to the development and implementation of bioconjugation processes; applies advanced multi-disciplinary analytical techniques. Analyzes data from multiple experiments, formulates conclusions and determines future experiments.
- Integrates data and identifies critical process variables.
- Documents experimental procedures and results per established guidelines.
- Facilitates process transfer and training at sites of manufacture.
- Trains lower-level scientists.
- Participates in lab safety.
- Presents scientific observations at internal technology reviews and externally at national meetings or through publication when appropriate.
- Expertise and Problem Solving: Establishes criteria and technical standards for excellence; anticipates, recognizes, and resolves technical problems; identifies new directions for research.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system
- Submits ideas for inventions, publishes, and innovates through patent filings and/or scientific publications.
? Preferred Qualifications
- PhD plus 2 years experience in Biochemistry, Bioorganic chemistry, Bioengineering, and/or Biological Sciences; or BS/MS with equivalent work experience; proven track record of research success.
- Candidate must have experience and understanding of protein bioconjugation (e.g. antibody drug conjugation or nanoparticle bioconjugation) and purification methodologies (e.g., size exclusion, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)).
- Experience should include demonstrated expertise in bioconjugation chemistry, protein characterization, and protein purification using automated FPLC systems, as well as basic analytical techniques such as HPLC and UV-Vis spectrophotometry.
- Additionally, understanding of protein analytical methodologies and data interpretation (light scattering, mass spectrometry, etc.) is essential.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and DOE methodology is a plus.
- Additional experience may include knowledge of techniques used to determine protein-protein interactions and a working knowledge of protein expression
- Candidates should work well in a team environment and have flexibility to work on changing priorities.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary