|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance|
Seeking customer service centered help desk technicians to provide timely and professional Tier I/II support to users.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter, completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with users and senior agency staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications. You will need to explain technical intricacies to end users in a way that is easily understood. You will need to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for software applications loaded on desktop and laptop computers that communicate to/from application servers and third-party support agencies
- Screen, refer and diagnose internal/external inquiries and work requests as they relate to support of related systems
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes; and recommend solutions
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory
- Document all user requests and actions taken in Remedy ticketing system
- Provide phone and help desk support for local and off-site users
- Maintain internal knowledge base for Help Desk technicians and users
- Answer phones and emails in a timely manner
- Maintain printers and multifunction devices
- Create and maintain Windows 10 desktop/laptop images
- Maintain software and hardware assignments
- Participate in special projects as required
- Familiar with Release and Configuration Management concepts
- Use Remedy as the help desk software
- Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction.
- The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician, not familiar with the problem, sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again.
- Identify training requirements or software fixes to correct any recurring problems identified in the database of user support.
- Notify the program manager of all VIP requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution
- Create and maintain documentation
- Work with other members of the team to ensure that help desk documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Able to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism interfacing with users and senior agency staff
- May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Computing environment certification (Windows 10 MCSA or MCP preferred)
- If you start only with a Security+ CE, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
3 - 5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations or customer service.
- Experience with the following is required:
- Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016
- Windows 10
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Outlook Email Client in an Exchange Server Environment
- Experience with remote access to users' computers
- Experience working with networked printers
- Active Directory
- DoD STIGs/IAVMs
- Excellent business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work under time constraints
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of an Interim Secret clearance on hire and confirmed within JPAS. Continued employment is contingent on receiving a fully adjudicated Secret clearance.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required ? normally less than 10%.
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Shift work between the hours of 4AM to midnight or 9:30AM to 6PM Monday through Friday
- Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office
- No alternate work schedules
- No telework allowed