Sr. Windows Server Systems Administrator
|Reference # :||18-00418||Title :||Sr. Windows Server Systems Administrator|
|Location :||Scott AFB, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/02/2018|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance and who is able to gain a Top Secret Clearance. |
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Client has an opening for a Sr. Window Server Systems Administrator at Scott AFB, IL.
Sr. Window Server Systems Administrator in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD), and national security organizations. The candidate will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Windows Server OS but includes also includes both Solaris and Linux servers on a global network management system.
•Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise.
•Develop, implement, and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
•Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions.
•Review work performed by lower level technical staff.
•Work both independently as well as in coordination with network administrators to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer system.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience with a Windows Servers environment (e.g. 2008r2 and 2012r2). 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience Managing Active Directory
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Linux OS experience.
- Solaris OS experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary