Technical Performance Management Analyst
|Reference # :||18-01134||Title :||Technical Performance Management Analyst|
|Location :||Scott AFB, IL|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||06/20/2018 / 03/13/2019|
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Interim Secret or Secret Clearance and a IAT Level II 8570 cert.|
The client is looking for someone who has a strong technical knowledge of the DISN or JRSS. The client is also looking for people who have a mind for data and metrics
The client has an opening for a Technical Performance Management Analyst for the JRSS team at Scott AFB, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station. This position directly supports the DISA-provided JRSS capabilities and services as part of the JRSS Performance Management team. We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the JRSS Performance Management (PM) team.
The Senior Network Performance Analyst provides technical support and technical decision making for a team of Network and Data Analysts. The Analyst will be responsible for collection, technical analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the JRSS enclave.
- Proactively monitor the performance of all devices and/or network elements in the entire JRSS services network
- Perform customer traffic measurements and monitor deviations from performance standards
- Provide reports regarding network events, or potential events, to customers and Government oversight entities, ensuring incidents are populated in the Trouble Management System
- Provide analyses of incidents by: determining the incidents' nature and formulating responses, identifying and providing the ability to surge during emergencies, correlating event and incident data and determining actions to be taken, and determining possible effects on the networks, customers and other organizations
- Use network management and performance monitoring tools, identify components/elements which may lead to or cause network degradation or failure
- Responsible for taking customer requirements for new reports and developing initial report, and following up with the customer to ensure output meets their requirements
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Advanced knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary